What happens when the World Wide Web is not enough? Well, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal, it moves up to television. In the article (“Web Companies Embrace TV Ads”), TripAdvisor’s Vice President of Brand Strategy, Anne Bologna, was quoted as saying that TV is the best vehicle for engaging an audience
There was an unusual eddy of TV and Social Media synergy swirling at this year’s Emmy Awards. During a segment spotlighting the Beatles’ appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show 50 years ago, former American Idol winner Carrie Underwood stepped out on stage to sing the Beatles’ “Yesterday” and became the most socially-buzzed about topic of
When Glee star Cory Monteith passed earlier this summer, news of his passing immediately started trending everywhere. There were over 10 million Google searches. There were tribute GIFs set up on Tumblr. There was a rush of celebrity tweets in addition to the countless Gleek tweets and tribute pages. Young celebrity death has always managed
- Nielsen’s Cross-Platform Reporting: Now with Accurate Digital Consumption
- Global Champions, Homegrown Heroes — US Olympic Athletes Spur Local Television Viewing
- Television – The Most Alive Medium for Shifting Times
- Nielsen’s Open-Ear Policy Isn’t Telling the Whole Picture
- Where Does the Internet Go When It Wants…More?