Nielsen Total Audience Report – Q1 2015

What You Need to Know

Nielsen’s Q1 2015 Total Audience Report confirms American’s superior and consistent preference for television over all other media. 

  • With 36 hours of Traditional TV weekly viewing inclusive of 4 hours of time shifted viewing, Adults 18+ are using almost 3 times as much television each week as the second most used medium, Radio and 7 times more than third ranked PC usage.
  • Television dominated Video viewing with a 95% share.  The remaining 5% went to watching video on the internet (4%) and watching video on a smartphone (1%).


The Total Audience Report is the latest in a  wealth of undeniable data and compelling information that TV remains consumers’ medium of choice and the most effective and powerful marketing medium.

Visit the Nielsen site to access the full report.

The following key points highlight the strength of the local broadcast industry:

Television Still Dominates with the Adult Population
  Source: The Nielsen Company, Q1 2015 The Total Audience Report

Television Still Dominates with Key Demographics
  Source: The Nielsen Company, Q1 2015 The Total Audience Report, A18-49 weighted by population

Broadcast-only Homes
  Source: The Nielsen Company, Q1 2015 The Total Audience Report

 
 
 

  Get RSS Updates: