Our Viewers, Your Consumers
It’s a new era of local broadcast media opportunities that deliver advertising messages to the right people, at the right time. Every day we’re connecting advertisers to the right consumers — at home or on-the-go, through quality digital programming, highly-targeted online content, and unique community sponsorships. Local broadcast media offers integrated, cross-platform advertising solutions for today and the future.
Digital Broadcast Channels
The powerful reach of Local Broadcast has the potential to connect advertisers to 100% of TV households in a given market. In addition to quality network-affiliated programming, local programming such as award-winning local news, community outreach, and digital niche genres offer unique targeting opportunities.
- Primary digital channels with highly-rated series, syndication, sports and specials
- Local news, weather and traffic reports
- Local community and sports programming
- High-definition ad environments
The digital transition of 2009 opened up subfrequencies for broadcasters to utilize on the digital spectrum. Today, stations provide a growing array of specialized content on these subchannels, from lifestyle content on such diginets as Live Well, to retro programming on Antenna TV, to content that serves the particular needs of a specific community with locally relevant content. Markets with high concentrations of ethnic populations can deliver content geared towards them, like BIZ TV (Latino small business owners) or Bounce (African Americans). Other hyper-local diginets also deliver interest-specific content, like Pegasus, a subchannel “dedicated to equestrian pursuits and country lifestyles.”
Local television station websites offer breaking news, weather, traffic, and community news to engage consumers. Hyper-local microsites offer highly-targeted neighborhood and lifestyle content to reach specific consumer groups and target retail zones. Ad opportunities include:
- Video: Pre- and post-roll
- Rich media
- Banner display ads
- Neighborhood and lifestyle-targeted microsites
- Sweepstakes and sponsorships
- Local search
For local market website links, see the Market Profiles section
Consumers make purchases where they live, work and play. TV stations’mobile ad opportunities connect advertisers to consumers wherever they are, driving them to local services and retail establishments. A mobile ad component can effectively dovetail any on-air and online campaign.
- WAP browser technology
- SMS text alerts featuring ads within Broadcast content such as news, weather updates, sports scores or school closings
- Couponing and sweepstakes campaigns
- TV station website content and advertiser-sponsored video
- Mobile DTV. Broadcasting on-air signals direct to mobile devices is currently in test markets. Programming, along with on-air ads, will be broadcast to mobile devices with additional opportunities for interstitial ad inserts.
Local Broadcast can offer advertisers ways to extend their message throughout the day as consumers are out making purchasing decisions. Out-of-Home broadcasting is part of an integrated media plan that maximizes broad reach with hyper-local addressability.
- College campuses
- Taxi cabs
- Commuter buses
- Gas stations
Local Broadcast stations connect with communities in ways that national media cannot. Consumers trust and engage with local news anchors as a part of their daily lives. Community outreach is an essential part of what Local TV stations do every day. Advertisers have unique opportunities to partner with Local stations as an extension of their public outreach and cause-marketing campaigns.
- High School sports
- Charitable community events
- Local educational programs