Industry News about Impressions
TVB is leading an industry charge to change the local broadcast transaction currency from ratings-based to Impressions-based.
- Impressions simplify how we evaluate media across platforms and make it easier to include local TV in the cross-platform consideration set.
- Impressions recognize all TV audiences, resulting in the inclusion of a greater variety of programs – both extending reach and providing greater targeting for advertisers.
- Impressions allow for more precise reporting of program performance and post-buy evaluation.
- Impressions enhance the benefits of Automated TV, which takes the friction out of the local TV buy/sell process and paves the way for more sophisticated use of audience data.
- Many members have already come out publicly supporting this transition.
Have a question? Click here to ask Hadassa Gerber, EVP, Chief Research Officer, TVB.
TVB Members, view the on-demand webinar, Numbers that Measure Up: Impressions! [member login required, request it now]