According to the National Retail Federation, Valentine’s Day is one of the major spending events of the year. Americans continue to show their loved ones how much they care with gifts of jewelry, an evening out, flowers, candy and clothing.
TVB’s 2019 Valentine’s Day analysis demonstrates how marketers can target the Valentine’s Day shopper in key retail categories.
TVB's analysis of Valentine’s Day shopping and TV viewing revealed that:
- Valentine’s Day is a major spending event with an estimated $144 spent per household in 2018.
- Broadcast TV is a great way to reach Valentine’s Day shoppers.
- Broadcast TV delivers high reach and targeted ratings.
- People spend more time with TV – 5 times that of any other media platform.
- Local TV’s geographic flexibility allows advertisers to support high sales markets.
- Broadcast TV delivers brick and mortar and online shoppers.
- TV ads influence search selections.
- Local Broadcast TV websites offer multi-platform opportunities.
- Top gifts for this Valentine’s Day are jewelry and an evening out.
Source: NRF 2018 Back-to-School/College Spending Survey; Excludes holidays and back to school/college.
Source: Nielsen NPower 1/1/2018 - 2/14/2018 Adults 25-54 Live+1 Ratings; Broadcast Includes all Networks and Syndication.
10 Cable Networks based on A25-54 Ratings.