Valentine’s Day 2020
According to the National Retail Federation, Valentine’s Day is a major spending event each year, with a record high total expected spending for 2020, which is up 32% from last year. More than ever, Americans are planning to show their loved ones how much they care with gifts of jewelry, an evening out, clothing, candy and flowers. TVB’s 2020 Valentine’s Day analysis demonstrates how marketers can target the Valentine’s Day shopper in key retail categories through broadcast TV.
TVB's analysis of Valentine’s Day shopping and TV viewing revealed that:
- Valentine’s Day total expected spending for 2020 is $27.4 billion - $13 billion more than in 2010, with consumers planning to spend an average of $196.
- Broadcast TV is a great way to reach key Valentine’s Day shoppers.
- Broadcast TV delivers high reach and targeted ratings.
- Broadcast TV delivers in-store and online shoppers.
- Local TV’s geographic flexibility allows advertisers to support high sales markets.
- People spend more time with TV – 5 times more than any other media platform.
- TV ads influence search selections.
Source: NRF's Annual 2020 Valentine's Day Spending Survey, conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics.
Source: Nielsen NPower 1/1/2019 - 2/14/2019 Adults 25-54 Live+1 Ratings; Broadcast Includes all Networks and Syndication.
10 Cable Networks based on A25-54 Ratings.