The Impact of Advertising on Purchase Behavior
The 2021 Online Purchase Funnel acknowledges that the COVID-19 pandemic drove more consumers to online transactions than at any other time previously. Consumers are purchasing online or considering online purchases across a variety of major product categories such as: Automotive, banking services, furniture, medical, and fast food/QSR. This analysis is focused on the online consumer and the major role TV plays in creating awareness and driving them to make purchases.
Media Platforms Analyzed
Some key findings:
- Television is the key driver of awareness and purchasing for online consumers in many key product categories.
- Compared with general product category consumers, online consumers are even more influenced by television.
- Broadcast TV news and broadcast TV news websites & apps are the most trusted source of news among online consumers.
- Increased exposure to TV ads motivates online consumers into action, driving word-of-mouth, ad recall, online traffic to websites, social media interaction, and online searches for discounts.
- Television influences the search selections of online consumers even more than consumers in general.
For more information, please contact Hadassa Gerber, Chief Research Officer, TVB.