The 2022 Media Comparisons Study, conducted by GfK and commissioned by TVB, is a key industry resource for multi-media usage and effectiveness. The study explores the many different ways individuals consume traditional, digital, and streaming media. It compares reach, time spent, daily news sources, most trustworthy news sources, and level of community involvement.
Additionally, the study reveals the role each medium plays in motivating consumers to learn more about a product or service. The findings include demographic, ethnic and product category drilldowns. The 2022 Media Comparisons Study continues to confirm the power of television and once again highlights broadcast TV as the top medium for consumers.
Some key findings:
- TV delivers the highest reach, and all demographics, including adults 18-34, spend more than 2.5 times the hours/minutes each day with TV than the next closest media platform.
- If streaming platforms have no advertising, advertisers cannot reach these viewers via streaming, but broadcast assets can reach most of them.
- If respondents could only choose five TV networks, the top four would be on broadcast TV.
- Local broadcast TV is the number one local news source.
- Local TV news is the most trusted news source, and local TV news websites/apps are the most trusted digital source.
- Broadcast TV and broadcast digital assets can synergistically work together by influencing online traffic and search selections.
For more information, please contact Hadassa Gerber, Chief Research Officer, TVB.