Industry News

A new Hill-HarrisX poll found that TV is still the most widely used news platform among Americans, despite the rise of the internet and social media- 53% of registered voters across the US named TV as their primary source for news.
After more than a decade apart, CBS and Viacom are reuniting bringing together a set of businesses that once dominated the media and entertainment industries but are now fighting to stay relevant in an increasingly digital world.
The Broadcasters Foundation of America launches its annual year-end appeal on December 3rd in conjunction with Giving Tuesday, awarding more than $1.3 million in aid this year.
Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page are stepping down from their roles within the parent company, Alphabet, just as state and federal regulators are taking a keen interest in possible abuse of its privacy practices and market power.
Los Angeles Times attacking tv networks for their supposed fear of investigative stories was insulting not only to the networks, but to the hundreds of tv stations that do investigative work every day.
Local broadcast TV is moving away from ratings and toward impression-based selling. This enables local broadcast to be part of cross screen buys along with CTV and digital video, and unlocks audiences previously not counted under the ratings system.
From the increasing movement of ratings-based to impressions-based measurement – to the rebrand of ATSC 3.0 to NEXTGEN TV – to changes in local TV attribution, it’s promising to see advancements happening, creating a brighter future for all.
Bloomberg’s spend is largely focused on 100 local or regional markets such as Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, California, Mississippi and Michigan.
According to new research from analyst firm MoffettNathanson, the 60% of pay TV subscribers who regularly watch sports are the most entrenched, leaving the remaining 40% at risk of cord cutting.
GroupM now projects U.S. advertising will expand 6.2% to $244 billion in 2019, a marked increase from the tepid 2.6% expansion it projected for 2019 in its last report published in June.

TVB Features

The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC nationally delivered a 10.7 live+1 hhld rating, with a 22.4 in West Palm Beach and a 22.3 in Buffalo. Our featured market this week is Providence-New Bedford, RI-MA.

“Ratings are down because all of our national broadcasts are exclusively available on cable, which is losing subs daily. Football benefits from being on broadcast TV, which is in every digital and traditional package… ”—Mark Cuban, Owner, Dallas Mavericks

It's Time for Impressions to be the Currency of Local Broadcast TV

“Local TV stations offer content to brands and marketers on primary, digital-sub, OTT and yes, even digital channels. It is time to consider all of that viewing in a consistent way, using impressions, so advertisers can mix, match and maximize their local marketing strategies.” —Steve Lanzano, President & CEO, TVB

What's driving ad revenue growth for TV in 2020?

Nielsen’s Total Audience Report confirms Americans’ significant and consistent preference for television over all other media.

An industry work group dedicated to developing standards-based interfaces to accelerate automated ad transactions for local TV broadcasters and their media agency partners.

Get connected to jobs in the local broadcast TV industry.


DNN Web Control Container

© 2016, Television Bureau of Advertising, Inc. All rights reserved. Republication and redistribution of this report in total, other than by TVB members or its authorized agents or designees, without written permission is strictly forbidden. Any republication, in whole or in part, must include credit to TVB and its sources. Terms of Use.
Web Site Designed by Personify Corp

Privacy Statement   |   Terms Of Use Powered by Personify eBusiness