According to the NRF, spending for the 2023 holiday shopping season is expected to be at an all-time high, with a projected increase of between 3% and 4% over 2022 to between $957.3 billion and $966.6 billion. Even so, consumers are stressed about affording everything they need this holiday season. Advertising has become more important than ever in reaching these cost-conscious holiday shoppers.
TVB’s 2023 holiday shopping analysis demonstrates the power of local broadcast television for reaching and influencing holiday shoppers. Whether consumers are shopping online or in stores this holiday season, retailers can quickly relay weekly deals and drive purchases by using local broadcast TV to target shoppers based on their geographic location and needs.
TV advertising is imperative to influence holiday shoppers:
- Television is the most important influencer for retail shoppers at all stages of the purchase funnel.
- Nine out of ten respondents said television influenced their online search selections.
- Broadcast TV delivers top holiday ratings and reach.
- Local TV allows advertisers to target their message in a trusted environment.
- Broadcast TV delivers both in-store and online shoppers with both selecting television as the most important influence for making a purchase.
- Broadcast TV assets can reach those who stream programming on ad-free platforms.
For more information, please contact Hadassa Gerber, Chief Research Officer, TVB.