Mother’s Day is a celebration of love and respect for all the mothers in our lives. It is a day that we thank them for their love and teachings, as well as the immeasurable ways they help and support us. Because of this, it is no surprise that Mother’s Day continues to be one of the most celebrated days of the year. According to the National Retail Federation, Mother’s Day spending is projected to be an all-time high, nearly $36 billion. Additionally, it is the largest spending event of the first half of the year, with the average person spending $274.
According to TVB’s 2023 Mother’s Day shopping analysis, retailers can drive consumer spending by using local broadcast TV to target shoppers based on geography and retail categories. Additionally, it is increasingly important to reach both in-store and online shoppers, as consumers continue to shop both ways. Local broadcast TV can reach all shoppers, no matter how they choose to do their shopping.
TVB’s analysis of Mother’s Day 2023 gift shopping and TV viewing revealed that:
- Mother’s Day spending is projected to be an all-time high of nearly $36 billion.
- Mother’s Day is the top spending event in the first half of the year.
- TV advertising is imperative to influence Mother’s Day shoppers.
- Nine out of ten respondents said television influenced their search selections.
- Broadcast TV delivers top Mother’s Day ratings and reach.
- Local TV allows advertisers to target their message in a trusted environment.
- Broadcast TV delivers both in-store and online shoppers.
- Online shoppers and in-store shoppers selected television as the most important influence.
- Broadcast TV assets can reach those who stream programming on ad-free platforms.
For more information, please contact Hadassa Gerber, Chief Research Officer, TVB.