“As glass ceilings give way to opportunities for women, local TV’s next generation of women leaders must be success-ready.”– Abby Auerbach, EVP, Chief Communications Officer, TVB and Executive Director, NEXT Women
Who We Are
Founded in 2020, TVB’s NEXT Women program helps identify, prepare and advocate for women in the local broadcast television industry as they aspire to leadership roles. Members of NEXT Women include professionals from TV stations, broadcast groups, sales rep firms, media agencies, media research and ad tech companies.
NEXT Women provides resources and community for professional and personal development, empowering and preparing women for advancement at each stage of their careers. We foster leadership, communication and professional skill building through engaging programming, including webinars, video sessions, podcasts and live networking events.
NEXT Women’s goal is to help improve talent recruitment and retention, diversify station and corporate management, and demonstrate industry leadership.
Opt-in to future NEXT Women communications and events. Participation is free due to the generous support of WideOrbit.
Webinar: So, You Want to Be a GM?
Wednesday, March 29th | 1-1:30pm (ET)
Moderator: Abby Auerbach, CCO, TVB and Executive Director, NEXT Women
Marilu Galvez, President and General Manager, WABC-TV (ABC)
Teddie Gibbon, Vice President and General Manager, KXLY Television/Phase 3 Digital (Morgan Murphy Media)
Are you curious about what it takes to advance to leadership roles and what these roles entail? In this webinar session hear from women general managers about their current jobs and how they got there.
Abby and the panel will discuss the skills and strategy necessary for career advancement, as well as challenges and opportunities for women looking to advance to leadership positions, especially general managers. Join this NEXT Women session to learn directly from leading women in our industry.
VOD – View all previous NEXT Women interviews, executive coaching sessions, webinars and “Coffee with…” sessions on-demand.
Each month, Next Women: Thrive features the latest initiatives we’re focusing on and content crafted exclusively for NEXT Women.
Get connected to jobs in the local broadcast TV industry.
NEXT Women Industry News
- Rachel Kay Named Hearst SVP/Chief People OfficerShe becomes Hearst’s most senior human resources executive, leading companywide strategy, programs and human capital management support.
- WideOrbit Names Toni Coonce as Chief Revenue OfficerIn addition to the new position, Coonce will also continue as executive VP of sales at WideOrbit, which was acquired last year by Constellation Software’s Lumine Group.
- Scripps Elevates Candace Anderson to Chief HR OfficerIn her new role, Anderson will design and lead the human resources strategy for Scripps, overseeing all facets of HR operations for the company.
- NAB Names Lora Dennis 2023 Digital Leadership Award HonoreeThe NBCU Local executive will be honored at the Broadcasting Hall of Fame Ceremony during next month’s NAB Show in Las Vegas.
- Veronika Moroian Upped to GM of KMEX Los AngelesThe 20-year Univision veteran will oversee the station’s sales, news, community affairs, operations technology, marketing and promotions departments.