“As glass ceilings give way to opportunities for women, local TV’s next generation of women leaders must be success-ready.”– Abby Auerbach, EVP, Chief Communications Officer, TVB and Executive Director, NEXT Women
Who We Are
Founded in 2020, TVB’s NEXT Women program helps identify, prepare and advocate for women in the local broadcast television industry as they aspire to leadership roles. Members of NEXT Women include professionals from TV stations, broadcast groups, sales rep firms, media agencies, media research and ad tech companies.
NEXT Women provides resources and community for professional and personal development, empowering and preparing women for advancement at each stage of their careers. We foster leadership, communication and professional skill building through engaging programming, including webinars, video sessions, podcasts and live networking events.
NEXT Women encourages a women-conscious approach to hiring and promotion. Our goal is to help improve talent recruitment and retention, diversify station and corporate management, and demonstrate industry leadership.
Opt-in to future NEXT Women communications and events. Participation is free due to the generous support of WideOrbit.
Coffee with… Ann Hailer, President, CoxReps | July 22, 2022, 11:30am (ET)
Grab a cup of coffee and join Abby Auerbach, CCO, TVB & Executive Director, NEXT Women, for a 15 minute conversation with Ann Pero Hailer of CoxReps.
Ann brings over 25 years of media experience leading CoxReps operations across sales, analytics, technology and business development. She works to drive success for broadcast group clients with advanced solutions in the local media space. Ann has also served as the Chair of CMG’s Diversity & Inclusion advisory council since 2016.
Ann and Abby will discuss DEI initiatives, the power of mentorship, localism, and advice for NEXT women.
VOD – View all previous NEXT Women interviews, executive coaching sessions, webinars and “Coffee with…” sessions on-demand.
Each month, Next Women: Thrive features the latest initiatives we’re focusing on and content crafted exclusively for NEXT Women. Sign up for the newsletter.
Get connected to jobs in the local broadcast TV industry.
NEXT Women Industry News
- Why Don’t Women Brag At Work? How To Practice Self-Promotions your career feeling a little stagnant? Are your peers getting ahead while you seem stuck in one place? Lack of upward mobility is one of the most common complaints of women in today’s workforce. Here are a few tips on ways to reframe and overcome self-promotion difficulty.
- Negotiate Better: How to Increase Your Leadership SkillsPeople don’t realize they’re always negotiating. That is especially true with those in leadership roles. One way to enhance your leadership skills is to negotiate better. And this article delivers insights into how to do that.
- Switching careers? Here are 4 ways to find a knowledgeable mentorHere are four strategies to find and collaborate with mentors who can help elevate your career and (particularly if your trying to change industries) can help you reach your goals.
- Women and Minorities Land Positions Through Programs, OpportunitiesThe media and entertainment industry has taken multiple steps in recent years to diversify its workforce.
- Why We Need More Women in PowerMary Ann Sieghart, author of The Authority Gap and chair of the judges for this year’s Women’s Prize for Fiction, says women are undervalued and overlooked. But the reason why we need more women in power has far reaching benefits that go beyond the basic right to gender equality.